E-Commerce 101 Goes to Delaware
The Shaner E-Commerce team made a visit to the Courtyard Newark/University of Delaware last week for another E-Commerce 101 training session. General Managers and Directors of Sales from five Shaner properties and eight university grad students participated in the session. The one and a half day training session was led by David Kopac, Director of E-Commerce, Maria Fuller, E-Commerce Manager and Bobby Giambra, Social Media Coordinator. In attendance were the following Shaner associates:
- Bill Sullivan, GM, Courtyard University of Delaware
- Melissa Driggs, DOS, Courtyard University of Delaware
- Chris Hill, DOS, Pine Barn Inn
- Mia Sellers, GM, Fairfield Inn Augusta
- Ian Fisher, DOS, Fairfield Inn Augusta
- Jessica Lavenburg, DOS, Southbridge Hotel
- Mohamed Hashesh, Dir. of Ops, Southbridge Hotel
- Maureen Moran, GM, Fairfield Inn Paramus
During the training session, attendees are introduced to the basics of e-commerce from simple vocabulary to an introduction to the companies that lead the way in online marketing. They are shown how the Shaner e-commerce department implements strategies and the platforms they work in on a daily basis. The goal is to give each attendee a basic introduction to e-commerce so that they have a little more understanding into the daily workings of the department. E-Commerce 101 is designed to be a fun, interactive training session.
This was the third E-Commerce 101 session conducted thus far. This one was the first to include attendees from outside of Shaner as eight grad students from the University of Delaware attended as well. In addition to the session, the group attended a dinner at Grain Craft Bar & Kitchen in downtown Newark Thursday night.